|Battle Start 1||A World Free Of Evils (-3): |
Decrease Arts and Buster Card effectiveness by 10% for all frontliners [Permanent, Unremovable].
|Battle Start 2||Satya Yuga: |
Decrease NP Gain by 10% for all frontiners [Permanent, Unremovable].
|Battle Start 3||Hologram Rose: |
Decrease DEF for a random enemy by 30% (3 turns). *Only affects the first wave.
| HP ||143,797 |
|LVL ||72 || HP ||154,272
|LVL ||72 |
|NP Type ||ST |
|Actions ||Up to 3 per turn |
|Traits ||Humanoid, Servant, Male, Brynhild's Beloved, Weak to Enuma Elish, Lawful Good, Divine |
|Note||*William Tell has the [Divine] trait during this encounter, although he does not normally have Divinity. |
|Battle Start||Protection of Vayu: Apply Evade to self with 50% Chance of Success (30 times). |
*Each hit avoided will reduce the number of Evade stacks. Sure Hit / Ignore Invincible are effective.
|Break||"Are you getting burned out?": Decrease Critical Star Drop Rate by 30% and NP Gain by 30% for all enemies [Permanent, Removable]. |
|Skill 1||Uri's Hunter B: Apply Skill Seal to a single enemy (1 turn). Increase own Critical Rate (1 turn). |
|Skill 2||Unwavering Perseverance C: Increase Arts Card effectiveness for self (3 turns). Apply Debuff Immune to self (3 turns). |
|Skill 3||Aiming EX: Increase own Critical Rate (1 turn). Increase own Critical Strength (1 turn). |
|NP||Apfel Schießen: Apply Sure Hit to self (1 turn) [Activates first]. Deal significant damage to a single enemy. Deals additional Special Attack damage to a single enemy with [Evade]. |
- This encounter against William Tell consists of two waves, the first with Rider and Caster mobs, and the second with William Tell himself accompanied by a Caster and Rider.
- William Tell has a 50% Chance to Evade attacks 30 times, which is unremovable.
- Tell also has Divine trait, which is specific to the encounters in this Lostbelt (he does not normally have the Divinity trait).
- At battle start, Arts, Buster, and NP Gain debuffs with relatively low value (10%) will affect all frontline party members. The debuffs are permanent and unremovable.
- After break, Tell will debuff Star Drop Rate and NP Gain for all frontline Servants by 30%. Note this debuff is removable, but otherwise has indefinite duration.
- Be wary that William Tell’s NP has Sure Hit and bonus damage vs Evade; avoid using Evasion skills against him when his NP is full.
- Lancer AoE DPS works well, helping to clear the accompanying mobs while also dealing greater damage to William Tell via offensive class advantage. Consider bringing a Quick DPS as well due to the field having Arts / Buster debuffs active (although using Arts / Buster is still fine, given the debuff is only 10% in value; it is only slightly less effective).
- ST Lancers are also an option, although Masters may wish to bring an AoE Servant to deal with the first wave / additional mobs if bringing an ST Lancer DPS.
- Alter Ego AoE DPS works to clear the mixed Cavalry mobs if taking an ST Lancer DPS.
- Sure Hit / Ignore Invincibility on the DPS is ideal, so that the boss’s chance-based Evade effect does not cause issues. Unfortunately, the effect cannot be removed, so buff removal does not work in this scenario. Lancers with Sure Hit / Ignore Invincibility include Altria Pendragon (Lancer), Li Shuwen, Valkyrie, Vlad III (EXTRA), Cu Chulainn, and Jaguar Warrior.
- Damage / NP Gauge Support for the DPS Servant(s), such as Merlin, Skadi, Zhuge Liang, and Tamamo are all excellent options, helping to enable DPS to clear the waves and unleash their NPs more quickly and more effectively.
- Note that these videos are not affiliated with GamePress, but showcase some lineups that are effective in clearing the final challenge. These can serve as a good reference for how to rotate skills during this quest or simply to have a look at the encounter before diving in.