| HP ||352,671 |
|LVL ||90 || HP ||320,610
|LVL ||90 || HP ||299,236
|LVL ||90 |
|NP Type ||AoE |
|Actions ||Up to 3 per turn |
|Traits ||Humanoid, Servant, Male, Riding, Divine, King, Greek Mythology Males, Child, Weak to Enuma Elish, Neutral Good |
|Break||"Let's begin class" (El-Melloi II): Increase Alexander's ATK by 50% (5 turns). Increase Alexander's Critical Strength by 50% (5 turns). |
|Break||"I guess we need a make-up lecture" (El-Melloi II): Apply Evade to Alexander (3 turns) [Unremovable]. Increase Alexander's Critical Rate by 50% (3 turns). |
|Skill 1||Charisma C: Increase ATK for all allies (3 turns). |
|Skill 2||Fair Youth B: Chance to inflict Charm on a single [Humanoid] enemy (1 turn). |
* Not sure if used
|Skill 3||Omen of the Conqueror A : Increase Quick Card effectiveness for all allies (3 turns). |
* Not sure if used
|NP||Bucephalus: Deals damage to all enemies. Increase own Critical Rate. |
| HP ||456,288 |
|LVL ||90 |
|NP Type ||Support |
|Actions ||Up to 2 per turn |
*1 per turn while Alexander is alive.
|Traits ||Humanoid, Servant, Male, Brynhild's Beloved, Weak to Enuma Elish, Neutral Good |
|Note||Does not attack while Alexander is on the field, and will only use their Skill / NP every turn. Expect him to charge Alexander's NP Gauge by an extra tick every turn (so long as Zhuge Liang doesn't have his NP gauge full). |
|Passive 1||Young King of Conqueror's Influence: While Alexander is on the field, increase own resistance to all attacks by 80% [Permanent, Unremovable]. |
|Passive 2||Young King of Conqueror's Influence: While Alexander is on the field, apply buff [Permanent, Unremovable]: When attacked, decrease the enemy's DEF by 30% (3 turns) and increase own DEF by 20% (3 turns). |
|Skill 1||Discerning Eye A: Increase Critical Strength for an ally (3 turns). Increase NP Gauge for an ally by 1. |
* Preferentially targets Alexander if using this skill.
|Skill 2||Tactician's Advice A+: Increase DEF for all allies (3 turns). Apply Damage Cut to all allies (3 turns). Increase NP Gauge for all allies by 1. |
|Skill 3||Tactician's Command A+: Increase ATK for all allies (3 turns). Apply Damage Plus for all allies (3 turns). Increase NP Gauge for all allies by 1. |
|NP||Unreturning Formation: Decrease DEF for all enemies (3 turns). Inflict Curse (500 damage per turn) for all enemies (3 turns). Decrease NP Gauge for all enemies by 20%. Medium chance to inflict Stun for all enemies (1 turn). |
- The gist of Reines Case Files’ challenge quest is that we are facing the Master-Servant pairing of Zhuge Liang/El-Melloi II and Alexander. Alexander comes with 3 health bars and 2 actions, and is generally the fight’s main threat thanks to his AoE NP and Break effects. Meanwhile, Zhuge Liang (who comes with a single health bar, though he gets significant defensive buffs in return) does not perform normal attacks while Alexander is on the field. Instead, he will use his single action either to use his NP when available; otherwise, he will buff Alexander, which comes with his trademark NP Charge effect as well.
- Alexander’s first Break increases his Attack AND Critical Strength by 50% for 5 turns, while his second applies an unremovable Evasion as well as a 50% Critical Rate buff, each lasting for 3 turns.
- Offensive strategies are preferred for this stage as Alexander effectively gains 2 NP bars per turn thanks to Zhuge Liang, which can cause long-term pressure on the party (in addition to the buffs he gets from Zhuge as well as his own Break effects).
- With Alexander’s 3-turn Evasion being unremovable, it is best to bring a damage dealer capable of bypassing the buff entirely (or someone equipped with a CE with said capability). Alternatively, it is also possible to play defensively and wait for the debuff to expire, at the expense of taking extra hits from Alexander’s hard-hitting criticals and potentially even an extra NP. This approach’s additional risk means that those using it should be prepared to keep the main damage dealer safe — or, indeed, replace said damage dealer should they happen to be defeated.
- While Assassins are the natural choice to deal with Alexander, a Rider should ideally be brought along as well to finish off Zhuge Liang. Any damage dealer Rider should be able to do the job, though single-target ones are preferred.
- While single-target Assassin damage dealers are preferred over AoE ones in this stage, Gray’s 100% extra damage modifier and welfare status makes her a powerful option as the primary damage dealer, especially with the help of external buffs. Another powerful contender is EMIYA (Assassin) with his 50% buff and Ignore Invincible, as well as Jack the Ripper with 30% extra damage and buff removal (which doesn’t work on Alexander’s Evasion but does work on the rest of his buffs). Ryougi Shiki is also a good choice thanks to her capability to ignore both Alexander’s Evasion and the Defense buffs Zhuge Liang applies.
- Any single-target NP Rider should be able to deal with Zhuge Liang quite easily, especially those with some measure of self-healing (such as Queen Medb, Sakata Kintoki (Rider) and Ozymandias). Alternatively, Berserkers may also be used, though they would need more external support due to the greatly increased amount of damage taken.
- Damage supports (Scathach-Skadi, Merlin, Tamamo no Mae, Zhuge Liang) are as always essential for offensive strategies, as the capability to burst Alexander quickly makes the fight that much easier.
- Servants with AoE Evasion or Invincibility such as David or Tristan can also be used to block Alexander’s NP in emergencies.
- Sweet Crystal is a very powerful CE choice to deal with Alexander’s Evasion, as it also gives 50% Starting NP in addition to Ignore Invincible. Another option is Water Shine, and Berserkers may even use Origin Bullet in order to deal more damage on Zhuge Liang.
- Note that these videos are not affiliated with GamePress, but showcase some lineups that are effective in clearing the final challenge. These can serve as a good reference for how to rotate skills during this quest or simply to have a look at the encounter before diving in.